• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can you help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beemer

i have an intel 600mhz that i want to over clock. my mother board is a "Gigabyte GA-6WMM" and the bios settings where very limiting so i flashed the bios with an update that has worked ok. i use the " belarc advisor" to get a profile of my computer. before i flashed my bios it said "Bus Clock: 33 megahertz" but now it says "Bus Clock: 133 megahertz" what has this done?? has the update clocked my pc allready? it has done some thing as the computer temp has also gone up but i have allready fitted xtra cooling (thankfully). any ideas please... :) thanks.

Sounds like the BIOS is reporting front side bus (is it a Pentium III?) now instead of PCI bus before. Nothing should have changed if that's the case.

The change in temperature could just be your room getting hot.

thanks

yes it is a p111. the temp has gone up by alot though realy. its used to run at 40c and now it says its running at 74c. i also have a screen shot for you to look at. i have seen alot of people on here using this program so i have just downloaded it :)

Looks right to me for a 600eb P3.
Why your temps read high not sure. Maybe the voltage is set too high?

It had to be reporting your FSB wrong when it stated it was 33Mhz, if it really was that your processor would be only running at 148 Mhz instead of 600 Mhz. As for your temps, you said you fitted it with extra cooling, I'm guessing you don't have the heatsink seated correctly on your processor if you changed it. I suggest you remount it as soon as possible before you cook your processor.

nope. all i have done is put in extra case fans. maybe the program i am useing for the temps is wrong. anyone know of some good programs ...

i made a mistake before when i said my bus said "Bus Clock: 33 megahertz" it did say "Bus Clock: 66 megahertz" i just checked but now ( after bios update) it does say "Bus Clock: 133 megahertz) anyway, i am going to open the case now to check the heat sink and hopefully when i put it back together it wont say 71c lol

:)

Back