• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 1.8A @ 2.4 (133 MHz FSB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merkor

Hi Guys,

just tried to overclock my baby to 2.4 GHz using the official 7C BIOS.

I put the vcore to 1.7, AGP FIX, RDRAM 3x, but when I saved the settings and exit the BIOS, the computer would not post.

Do I have a bad chip?? Which voltages do u all need to push a 1.8a to 2.4?

I tried 105MHz w/default vcore. Perfectly stable, but 110MHz FSB isn't really stable at 1.55v (BIOS setting).

The highest FSB I tried was 120 MHz @ 1.65v. Worked fine for me! Could get higher but it is summer now here in Germany and I put the baby back to 105MHz @ default voltage.

Do I have to make the vcoremod to reach 2.4 GHz??

Merkor

Your setup is very close to mine. I've done everything you can think of (exept volt mod) and i can't get stable past 120 fsb.

I think it's the vcore (1.65v actual). The only 1.8's i've seen above 120 fsb have Voltmods and great cooling.

Actually i feel fortunate to get to 120 fsb, most people with 1.8's are having trouble going above 115 fsb w/o voltmods.

I'll voltmod sometime this week (hopefully) and see how far she'll go without being able to cook dinner on my chip:D

Have you also tried the Mr. Natural 40b BIOS with 1.85v support?

I think there are people out there, which can run 2.4 with only 1.7v (real 1.6v). So come on guys, post!!

Merkor

Merkor said:
Have you also tried the Mr. Natural 40b BIOS with 1.85v support?

I think there are people out there, which can run 2.4 with only 1.7v (real 1.6v). So come on guys, post!!

Merkor

Isn't that with ueber-P4 1.6A's? some of those overclock like crazy on 1.6-165 Volts. I "only" get my 2.0A to 120 FSB at 1.75V using the 7D BIOS with the wire mod.

I was able to get my 1.8a up to 2.4 with 1.725 volts. The actual voltage was like 1.65, but that baby was stable as a rock. The only reason I clocked it back down is because it was idleing at 49C. Since then I added a fan, and have hit 6 gigs no problem. :D

I`ve got a 1.8 too. And it`s stable as a rock at 2.6 gig with real 1.8 volts. It also makes 2.4 gigs at 1.65 volts (bios). I`m using TH7-II with Mr. N`s 7d and volt mod. Rdramm is at 3x.

Back