• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ricepr2001

Registered
When I start my XP machine it starts as normal until the wallpaper comes up, than it goes back to the log in screen and says logging off. If i click my Name it says logging on, Loading settings, and than the wallpaper showes up for about 1/2 of a second. Than the welcome screen comes back up the same as before. Is this a virus or a doing of microsoft and how can i get around the log in screen?

Hmm.. Might be something weird with active desktop maybe. Try booting up in safe mode, and getting rid of active desktop (might be some internet thingy on it making it do it). See if that helps. When i run XP, i just shut off all of those "graphics" thingies. It's under system properties, and performance.. i think

Ill try it

Ill see if that works and get back tou you all if it doesnt, this isnt my primary computer so im having a hard time with the internet acess

aarrggggggg

i got sick of the try to fix it **** and reinstalled...........With me, so now im a dual boot with me and xp BUT when i try to connect to the worst ISP EVER(AOL) through ME i get some frickin blue screens and AOL quits, i think it is fixed by a ms update but i have a strong record of being wrong. What could this be???????

Back