• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is Better....just some pro's con's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Upon purchasing an new GFX card, i am presented with many choices. I have decieded on a Gf4 Ti 4200.

I am just wanting some opinions on what to get, either 64mb or 3.5, on a higher brand card like gainward or a good card liek chaintech but 128mb of 4.0 ns.

Id assume that the gaiward alone will overclock better, jsut due to quality and also haveing 3.5 ns ram i am almost 100% sure ill get a better overclock. But also i just wonder if they benefit of an extra 64mb or memory will help out?

I am looking at 3 cards right now, post what youd take

Gainward CardExpert GF4 ti 4200 3.5ns RAM, 64mb DDR 250/444 speeds - $169

Chaintech GF 4 "GT20" 4.0ns RAM, 128mb DDR 250/444 speeds - $172

Gainward CardExpert GF4 Ti 4200-PWR PK Golden Sample 4.0ns RAM, 128mb DDR 250/444 speeds - $199

I kinda like the last one, its got decently fast 4.0ns RAM & 128 mb of it, also even though it is .5 slower RAM (not 3.5ns) it is a Pwr Pk Golden Sample so id assume the overclock and the extra 64mb or RAM will make up for what ever i loose in RAM ns timings?

I can get that $199 card for about $125 IMO once i sell my Rocking GF2, but i just need some final words before i purchase a card.

yea there is a lote of threads on here about the differences bettween these card. the just of it is that nothing uses 128mb yet but the next games will. and the gainward 3.5 are the least proforming overclocks of any of the cards posted. nobody knows why other than it appears to be an off brand of memory that is more true to a 3.5 sec speed limit

Back