• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k7a+ = agp slot error. help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

ok well heres my story. i was surfing the web and burning a cd. well the burn program (nero) locked up. so i had to do a hard boot. when i went to turn it back on. the monitor stayed off, i checked the fan on the agp card and it was on, i put both video cards in my other computer. they work. but not in my 8k7a+ i get a FF boot everytime. i can tell im booting up, right now im clearing the cmos maybe the high fsb is affecting everything. is it common for the agp slot to still get juice and not work. i cant figure anything else out. if you have any suggestions, please let me know. thanks
jeremiah

::edit::

cleared cmos. nothing. but i noticed on boot it went (debug) C! then FF then C! then FF and stayed there.

anything to add with this extra info?

Last edited:
"C1" means you're having problems with detecting memory according to Appendix C of your motherboard manual.

Try re-seating your memory!

You should make sure that the DIMM-slot makes contact with the DIMM not only at the ends but also in the middle of the slot. Some boards are simply to flimsy and really requires support from behind when you insert DIMMs into the slots. I've seen it happen and the board won't detect memory as it should.

Also FF is what the display reads before the BIOS code starts initializing the board, but unfortunately that is also what the display reads after the board has passed all BIOS procedures and all is ok. If the board never changes from FF after power on you should probably RMA the board.

I would like to see more documentation on the meaning of the display codes but sending a mail about a particular post code and your hardware config to EpoX support will give you an answer.

Back