• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could someone help shed some light on this matter???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkdxtreme

I have an Abit KR7A-133Raid Mobo, XP 2000+, 512 DDR Ram, SoundBlaster Live, Geforce 4 TI4600, Antec 400 watt PS, and I am trying to run WinXP Pro. My problem that I am having is this.....When I do a fully clean install of WinXP, without anything but my video, the system seems to run great. Now when I go to install my SB Live, everything goes to CRAP!!! The system will reboot itself, I get blue screen of errors, my com ports wont work, my printer port wont work. I do know that it has got to be some kind of IRQ conflict because when I remove the sound card, the system runs great again. I have tried different slots, disabling com ports and usb ports to everything that I know possible. The system will except other cheap sound cards but I cannot get it to work with the SB Live. Now here is the real kicker.......I can install Win98 SE along with the SB Live and everything runs great. I would greatly appreciate any and all help on this matter. I would really like to get XP on this system. Your help will greatly be appreicated. TIA.

Welcome To The Forums!!!!!

.....and to the addiction:eek:

Which driver set are you using for WinXP? If your using the CD that came with your SBLive for 98SE then that is your problem. you should have a CD that is for only Win2000. The Packaging is color blue & orange saying "Live!Ware for Windows 2000 Installation CD". After that you will need to install the update from Creative for WinXP.

I have already tried that. When I do the update, when the computer reboots, I then get the fatal blue screen. I reboot several time and upon every time I get the blue screen. I remove the sound card and the computer boots no problem. Have any other suggestions. TIA

Are you doing an online update or do you have the update on disk? You got me on this. Maybe PM a mod to transfer your thread to the Video & Sound section of the Forum. You just might get better help with this from the people that hang out there. You could also try looking HERE for some drivers & THIS SITE might be of some use too.

Back