• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which vid card for price and games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tyshy

ok....sounds like a question often asked......but i am lookin for a new vid card....i am upset with my GeForce 2 mx400....no surprise......its pretty old........i probably am way in the past but i can still play GTA3 at 800x600 in 16 bit color pretty smoothly....unless it starts raining....then it gets choppy.....but i think the card is slowin down my Agoga xp1800. I have the epox 8kha+ kt266a mobo and 256 pc2100 ddr...........i am either thinkin the gainward geforce 4 ti 4400 for 249 at newegg.......or PNY geforce 3 ti200. I just want to be able to play all games that come out in the next 4-6 months smoothly at 1024x768 at 32 bit color or higher......like morrowwind.....and other popular titles......i just want smooth gameplay........and good FSAA......i am just wondering what will last me the next 6 months for the price......

i say get the 4200 and get the gainward!! there is a great review of it here http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1619

this card performed extremely well and overclocks even better. the 128 mb of ram will be an added bonus for future and more stressful games. the gainward is around 200 but it is one of the best. It overclocks to near 4600 setting and is a great deal for any gamer IMO.

Back