• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333 RAID 0 /AthlonXP1900 Settings Problem. (Sonny?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Handle

To date I've only been able to post and open win xp by using the BIOS option "Loads Optimized Defaults" The problem I have with these settings are that from most indications I'm only running at 1200mhz and not 1600mhz. (This is strange because the BIOS says CPU Operating Speed 1600+(133) but I guess its really running at 100mhz):rolleyes:

Hardware

abit kx7-333R
Athlon XP 1900+
Turtle Beach
abit GF3 Ti200
Windows XP pro
one stick 512MB pc2700 Samsung Ram in dimm 1
using two identical seagate 60g drives Raid 0
300w compusa power supply

Soft Menu III Settings (all other setting were set by the Load Optimized Defaults" option

Cpu speed User Define
FBS 133
Ratio 3:2:1
Multi 12
Enh bench enabled
Speed hold disabled
CPU FCD Ultra

All voltages unchanged

The settings above posted but would not open win xp.

Thanks mush in advance:burn:

Soft Menu III Settings

Cpu speed-----User Define
FBS--------------133
Ratio------------3:2:1 (This might be the cause of only running 100MHz/200FSB but you need to make sure about not running Asychronous)
Multi-------------12
Enh bench-----Enabled
Speed hold----Disabled
CPU FCD-------Ultra

How about;

Cpu speed-----User Define
FBS--------------133
Ratio------------4:2:1
Multi-------------12
Enh bench-----Disabled
Speed hold----Disabled
CPU FCD------- Dunno what it's called but try the least aggressive setting.

BUT before you try any of these show me ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES. It's always a common problem for people not to set the memory speed right in relation to how SOFT MENU III is set.

Dram Clock 133
Dram Timing Manual
Dram CAS Lat 2.5
Bank Interl Disable
Precharge to act 3t
act to precharge 6t
act to CDM 3t
DDR DQs Input Delay auto
DDR DQS output D auto
MD drive strength auto
Dimm 1&2 str auto
Dimm 3&4 str auto
Enhance Dram Per Disable
Dramm Access 3t
Dramm Queue Depth 4 level

agp bridge control unchanged
agp apture size 64M
agp Mod 4x
agp Driver control manual
agp drive valur da
all else disabled....

pci bus control unclange

Thanks

What happened to your account?

Well try changing your RATIO to 4:2:1 & see what happens. Your ACF seem to be in order.

handle is at work, handle2 is at home. ... unfortunearely I've tried the 4:2:1 and although it will post I get an error when opening XP as follows:

STOP: C000021a {fatal system error} the windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectantly with status of 0X C0000005 ( more hex numbers) The system has been shut down

I tried incraesing the Vcore by .025 V (one step) with no luck.. Is this a possible RAID Problem? I'm getting kinda frustraited not being able to run this at factory specs CPU 1.6g/ FSB 133.

I might swap out the raid array and put in another HD and try loading XP without the array. Im not convienced that the Raid 0 array is going to give me much of an increase in speed anyway.

I'd probably do better overclocking to gain speed however I want a stable sysyem. Your thoughts?

AFAIK RAID & XP do not mix well yet. A patch is suppose to be included with SP1 that will be released when they feel like it. Maybe try recreating the RAID Array then fomat & reinstall with the suggested 4:2:1 setting. When formating them type "FORMAT C: /Z:32" to format partition C: Repeat for any additional partitions you created. Note that the "/Z:32" parameter formats the disk with a block size of 32x512B=16k - matching the stripe size & with a 64k stripe size you should format with /Z:64 as /Z:128 produces an error.

I'm going to go for a rebuild on a clean HD and no RAID, I'll bet it works fine, After it seems stable I'll overclock.

Thanks again. I'll post when I get it up and running

Back