• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7v266-e question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

I have an a7v266-e and i want to quicken my boot times with it, and Ive heard that you can disable the check it does on bootup where it i think is detecting to see if anything is connected to the extra raid ide. So i want to update my bios.

First question is: does the revision allow you to disable the check?
second: asus site is not working is there anywhere i can download the revision or anyone can send me the revision (i dont know if sending drivers or whatever is allowed if not i appologize)

Thanks

Edit: also whats the best revision to get, i see 1005, 1006, 1007 and 1009, I was able to download those, but it showes a link to 1005 on their site which does not work

Last edited:
Personally, I use 1009. It seems to work just fine and dandy.

as for disabling the onboard ATA/RAID detection on startup, in the second menu, there's something about PCI stuff near the bottom. Go in there, and all the stuff to disable the onboard ATA/RAID stuff is in there.

I currently use 1009 to, but ASUS just posted that they have released 1010e.001 just a shame that they dont mention what the changes are :(

I want to disable the ata/raid check on setup by updating bios but I go to one store the guy says as long as you have power updating the bios should be easy if your at stock speeds and in no risk of the comp crashing, and then I see posts on the forums and they say how risky it is. I cant decide what to do, take the risk or play it safe and live with the boot up times.

Well, the option to disable the onboard ATA/RAID controller is in every BIOS revision I believe. You shouldn't have to update your BIOS to turn it off.

Cown said:
but ASUS just posted that they have released 1010e.001 just a shame that they dont mention what the changes are :(

1010e.001 already!? My Lord! That leaves me to wonder, what the hell did they leave out/screw up in 1009e?!

LoL :D guess they just cant get it right :D Enywayz im getting tired of updating the BIOS, think ive updated 3 times this month :(

Oni said:
Well, the option to disable the onboard ATA/RAID controller is in every BIOS revision I believe. You shouldn't have to update your BIOS to turn it off.

Its not in 1004b. I think only newer than 1007 has that option. Could be wrong.

Back