• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to contact MS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MBish31

Registered
I am pretty sure that my Win2k disk is screwed. Is there any way to get another copy of it w/o having to fork out another $150? I would think MS would let you exchange or something like that, but I can't even find a way to contact them to ask. Anybody have any ideas?

I remeber that my mom called up M$ about a year ago asking for a replacement CD for Windows 95 (cuz stupid Computer Rennisance didn't give me a re-install CD). I don't remeber if we had to buy a new CD at full price from them or not, but I think we only had to pay ($16??) for the CD since I had the CD-key.

And I have yet to recieve that CD to this day.... Mabey my mom never ordered it? I think she did though...

When she comes back from work I'll have more info... Hopefully you can buy just the CD.
JigPu

If your CD is defective and you have your receipt, I'd try exchanging it at the store where you bought it first. -- Paul

I don't know how defective it is because out of the box it installed just fine. That was about 2 months ago and I decided to do a full format on my 2nd HD and start from new. I was origionally going to partition the the HD ..... one for OS and another for data. I was impatient and just installed it. After getting the info I needed to partition.... (actually I decided on volumes instead of partitions now) I decided to format and reinstall. After the format, it wont install and I think Eagle Computer (where I bought it) only guarentees for 30 days. So, unless I can get another copy from M$ I will have to buy it again. I was just wondering if there was a place to call to get such a service that anybody knew about. I have tried to install it about 30 times and it's a no go. I have formated the HD about 10 times. I was thinking about installing 98 on the HD to make sure it wasn't the hd but 98 only wants to install to c:, not d:.

i don't know the M$ number off hand but i do knwo they exchange cds. My win xp cd went bad so i called them and they made me calrify that the cd was mine and give them the numbers off the cd key, and the cd set. within 2 weeks they had me a new cd free of charge, they sent me a copy of both Win xp home and pro, which i thought was pretty cool

That's very interesting. Well, I can't think of much other than what's been said, but maybe try to search MS's site and google for replacement media or defective media and see what turns up.

Good luck! -- Paul

I finally found the number and called it. It's a M-F, 9-5 thing, but I did get to a menu that said "if you are calling about replacement disks.....". For anybody that is interested it is 1 800 936-3500.

I'm just glad that I wont have to shell out another 150 clams. Thanks for your help everybody.

MBish31 said:
I finally found the number and called it. It's a M-F, 9-5 thing, but I did get to a menu that said "if you are calling about replacement disks.....". For anybody that is interested it is 1 800 936-3500.

I'm just glad that I wont have to shell out another 150 clams. Thanks for your help everybody.
Thanks for posting that -- I'm sure that'll help people in the future! -- Paul

Back