• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best OC'ing P4 gaming Chipset?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Check-X

After doing LOTS of reading about water cooling setups I think I'll end up with one in my system, they seem to be the best way to cool your chip with the least amount of chance of problems (compared to peltier cooling).

Also I was reading up on mobo chipsets for the P4 and came across this article http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjkwLDE= wich shows the performance of the new VIA P4X333 chipset. most of the benchmarks show it outperforming the i850e, although it doesn't do much in the OC area I found it interesting of how wide spread the margin that the p4x333 beat the i850e in 3Dmark2001se AND JK2. Granted this is more than likely because of the higher FSB, which could be easily caught up by OC'in the i850/i850e.. but it leads me to think of how well the P4 northwood could OC on the P4x333 chipset using Corsair XMS 3000 CAS2 DDR ram... Anyone know much about it? Are the new 533mobo's worth the nextra nickles? for OC'ing and gaming performance whats the BEST Ram/Chipset combo?

Doesnt' gaming require quicker access of data compared to larger amounts of data being streamed though? how comparable are the differences in access speed and overall bandwidth between 333DDR and 1066RDRAM in an OC'd system?

Back