• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Z560 needs a good matching sound card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zoopa_man

I've gone on a spending splurge lately and one of my splurges was a new Logitech Z560 sound system. My deliema with them is that I have an old school 2chanel creative sound card...and the 4.1 surround sound sounds like crap. So...as part of my spending splurge I need to find a well rounded sound card that I can plug my Logitech Z560 into and also have the ability to connect it to my home stereo in the future. Price wise I'd like to keep it under 200 bucks. I've looked at the new stuff by creative and i'm so behind on the new sound card terminoligy that i've just been blown away...so I ask you guys for help here....What would be a good matching sound card for my new Logitech Z560 speakers ?

Something in the Creative Audigy series or the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz are about as good as it gets.

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz..... $65 [Retail] well spent, best soundcard I've ever heard/have had and I also have the same speakers. It's completely different comparing it to my SBLive, make sure you get one etridiately.

-NORE

I'd go with the Audigy Gamer or D.E.. The only differences in the Audigy line are software bundles, with these models having the least amount.

<Edit> Since you're planning on hooking them up to your Home theater, I'd go with TerraTec's SoundSystem DMX 6fire 24/96, since it offers true 24bit /96 kHz playback, Directsound and EAX 3D effects, 6 channel output and digital connection with a Dolby AC3 decoder. Is an awesome card, though it lists for 250. It's money well spent, my friend. However, if that's not an option, try Creative's SoundBlaster Extigy,(Same quality as Audigy cards)
________
Trichomes Pictures

Last edited:
dude get the santa cruz, you will not regret it, they sound kickass with the z560's, plus you don't have to worry about it working like creative.

Yeah. Turtle Beach Santa Cruz if you want to save money. Its sound quality is so much more better then Audigy's. But if you really want a sweet card, go with the Terratec DMX 6Fire. I'm saving up for that card myself.:D

Well....I creamed my self for two days after looking at the Terratec DMX 6Fire card...I've finally told my self that I can't afford to drop 250 bucks on that card...and I've realized that I probably won't be able to utilize the full capabilities of the card..and I'd hate to see it die in a freak OC accident. I just can't justify having that card for my setup...I think for now i'm going to hold back and get a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card until My home theater grows a bit more..then maybe the Terratec DMX 6Fire will be a more logical choice.

Thank You for the help :)

Back