• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal epoxy (selfmade :P)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiGhTBoY

I want to replace the HS of my graphics card and I have one question : The card does not have those little holes to fit a new HS on it. I want to take off the HS , apply thermal epoxy in the middle of the chip (nearly on all the chip :p) and *some* epoxy in the corners of the chip so that the HS won't come off. Will this work ?
Thanks

remember claeaning the surfaces really well, that way you can use for example

one tiny little spot of super glue and ordinary thermal goo. i do this because thermal adhesive is too freakin expensife, and so far haven't had any problems.

Wait, if you going to put thermal epoxy on almost all of the chip, and glue on the corners, what is the use of the glue??

AntmanMike said:
Wait, if you going to put thermal epoxy on almost all of the chip, and glue on the corners, what is the use of the glue??
My mistake: I meant thermal grease not epoxy. Sorry. (I haven't sleep for 18 hours, I've been trying to get to the forums :D )

Back