• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS 3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it will work in any ddr motherboard but it will only run at 3000 if you overclock to that speed.

XMS modules are "overclocked" ram if im not mistaken. Try getting a none XMS dimm if you can. XMS will still do what it says, but none XMS modules are actually designed to run at those speeds.

K... thx... Corsair "claims" that XMS3000 can run at 185 MHz.

So what do u think the non XMS can run

btw. does enybody know what chips they use on that module?

Thats what corsair does, it doesnt mean the memory isnt good though. They claim it can run at 185mhz but it probly PC2700 that can do 185mhz so they market it as PC3000.

I have this picture here about the specs on the ram

they are supose to run 185MHz / 370MHz :D how nice would that be huh :D

dataoversigt1.jpg

This module should be PC3000 their PC2700 module is called Corsair XMS2700
(CMX256A-2700C2)

If you look on the page, it says that it uses 6.0ns chips. If you do the math 1000 / 6 = 166mhz. See what i mean? The memory probly can and will do 185mhz, its just not rated at that speed.

Damn... :p Your right...

Well thx for the info m8 now all i have to do is find out where the hell i can find this module in Denmark(so far its said that corsair cant be baught in denmark, witch is a major bummer, thats why i wanted to know if it could run on my mobo)... Enybody know a company in germany or something located in europe where i can order this module and have it sent to Denmark :confused:

Corsair mem is definetly the way to go if you want to overclock, there's nothing better, to bad you live this far :) Maybe a local shop can order it for you?

Back