• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAMsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would prefer hacking up an old CPU heatsink(Pentium 1/Pro is the best) and then putting it on the RAM. If you have the heatsink lying around then it is completely free; if not then the heatsink will cost less than $3.

I bought 4 of these "just cuz" and haven't gotten around to putting them on my Geforce 2 GTS. Then again I don't have a severe urge to overclock it anyways...
HS-80.jpg

They're only $1 each. You can either use a bandsaw to chop them up into individual RAM sinks or just spread them between an array of chips.

WHEN I get around to it, I could use them as spreaders if I only shave an 8th of an inch off each one. They would look sexier if I cut them down to 8 individual ones though...

P.S. You could even go out and get them anodized in any color you want (which would cost a bit more than the sinks themself, hehehe).

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to explain that I chose these because I can arrange the RAM sinks so that the "air tunnel" on each RAM sink is facing the 80mm fan that I have blowing over my video card.

Back