Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

Delta Fan problem...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-15-02, 08:18 PM Thread Starter   #1
YoungstaxGx

Delta Fan problem...

I got a Delta FFBO812SHE, and i looked it up at sidewindercomputer and this fan should be 68CFM. Well this fan feels like its 10CFM , whats the problem? It is untailed so it came with a red,black, and a blue wire attacked to a 3 pin.

I didnt dont attach the 3pin to the header on the motherboard, but isnt that for only monitoring?

please help

PS: i took this fan and attached it to my 7.2 watt battery from my radiocontrol car and it seemed like 68CFM
YoungstaxGx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-15-02, 08:21 PM   #2
Yodums

So you're positive you connected the tail together... and plugged it to the power supply? Make sure you have a good connection..

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.
Yodums is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-15-02, 08:30 PM   #3
chuckerants

10 Year Badge

Did you plug it into the 4 plug Molex connector ? My Antec 1080 case had a few Molex connectors that were labeled "Case Fans". When I plugged into those my Delta would spin about 10 CFM.

I just did the 3 pin to 4 pin Molex conversion.

chuckerants is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-15-02, 08:45 PM Thread Starter   #4
YoungstaxGx

the positive and negative wire i connect it to this molex then that molex goes into the 4pin molex in the PSU, im sure it has good connection, i tried it on my other PSU and felt the same

does my RPM monitor has to be connected?
Old 06-15-02, 09:26 PM   #5
muddocktor
Retired

10 Year Badge

No, the monitor cable doesn't have to be connected for it to spin up properly. Is this fan brand new? If it is, then rma it for another one because it sounds defective.

muddocktor
muddocktor is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-15-02, 10:06 PM Thread Starter   #6
YoungstaxGx

hey guys,

LOL I put the wire in the wrong side, i put it onto the other 2 instead of the one your suppose to, This fan is powerful and kinda loud, im plannin on using this for when i get a AX-7 .
Anyways anyone know a cheap rheostat that would work with this fan?
Old 06-15-02, 10:52 PM   #7
chuckerants

10 Year Badge

I got a rheostat from Sidewinder computers and then bougt the heavy duty one from Hoot for the Delta 80 CFM.

chuckerants is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool