• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Ti200 overclock - What do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I got a gainward golden Ti200. I've AA epoxied a SVC golden gate 40 CPU cooler on there (60mm thin fin all copper heatsink w/ YS Tech 40CFM fan) and some ramsinks, all nicely lapped of course. What do I get for all my effort? 242/550. Yeah.

Now, The memory I'm not so worried about, most don't get much farther than 560 on it, and when I was OCing the memory while leaving the GPU at stock I did 565, max in coolbits.

It's the GPU that's bugging me. I was doing that with a crystal orb, let alone the big *** heatsink I just glued on there with it's blaster fan. The SVC reviewed similar to a Dragon Orb 3, and a DORB3 is what I use on my XP! I thought it might do a bit more than 242!

Now I kinda rushed the install of the sink since I was worried about the five minute time limit with the AA epoxy. I'm thinking I rushed too much... What do you guys think? I wanted to vmod the GPU but if I don't got this thing on right I don't know, I don't wanna risk it without top-notch cooling on there.

So you think I just got a so-so Gainward Ti200 or what? I heard the freezer trick works with AA epoxy, anyone wanna back this up?

Thanks in advance.

--Illah

the freezer trick works, i did it with my ti200, 2 times!!!:D
just put the card in a anti-statics bag, and put it in the freezer for 5-10mins....usually 5 mins is enough. after that just use a flathead screwdriver and a creditcard to yank the Corb off.
don't rush it, just do it slowly and you will be fine.:D

Cool. I heard it worked, it's just nice to get more than one opinion. Some dude calculated the holding strength of AA Epoxy and it was like 67lb. / in.^2! I don't wanna rip the GPU off.

Anyways, that's kind of a last resort, I don't wanna have to sand off old AA Epoxy and all that if I don't have to. Anyone think that I could be right about not having good contact between the GPU and HSF, or you think that I'm just stuck with what I got?

--Illah

I can hit 267 with my ti200 and it was running 39/40 C idel according to the temp monitor, when I lapped and thermal compounded the stock fan it dropped 5C or so, but got no more overclock. I think this is quite a common occurence, in that if you have adequate cooling on there in the first place, you don't seem to be able to get anything more with something that's like overkill without voltmodding. Mine's running about 0.08V over what is the normal stock voltage I think so maybe that is helping mine, I'm happy with my GPU speed though so won't be modding that for a while, although I do have dreams of making it a GF4ti4200 killer, heh heh.

Road Warrior

Back