• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp ratings for AMD t'bird 1.4Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

afroman

Hey all, wondering if anyone knew max temp ratings for an Athlon Thunderbird 1.4 My system runs normaly at 131 F with only heat sink and fan, no other cooling measures. Don't know if this is a high temp or not, but I'm definitly trying to lower it. Thanks for any help, cya

As long as your under 50c ull be fine. and 113f is a good enough temp for a 1.4ghz tbird. 1.4Tbirds run hotter then any other AMD cpu. So ur fine. Just watch it if you try to oc any.

131F=55C

I'm running my 1.4 at 149x105 with 1.775 V or 1.56ghz and it is only hitting 50C (running F@H).

If you're running stock, it's too hot. That's assuming you're temps are accurate. Is your MoBo an Asus?

Thanks for all the replys, I've got the MSI k7t turbo R mobo, this is my first AMD system, got it about 6 months ago. Man these things sure run hot, this is my first effort at cooling other than standard sink/fan on cpu and one case fan blowing out. Been reading all the stuff on overclocking, cooling, and figured out I'd better look into cooling this thing down, overclocked or not. Gonna experiment with different fan placements, got a thermalright sk600 with a delta 60mm fan on the way any day now, c'mon UPS. Thanks again for any and all help, L8

seeker said:
Hey afroman,
If you're running at 131f I would take the side cover off NOW or turn it off.
That is way hot man:eek:

Most CPUs, especially some newer ones, are rated to work at 90 C. Now if I saw that, I would scream. My Duron works good at 63 C full load. Once you get to 70 C, there's something wrong. And like someone mentioned, T-Birds are one of the hottest CPUs around.

A couple of times my mobo beeped meaning the CPU temp was too high. I don't have more Arctic Silver so I have no silver between the CPU and HSF. O well.

-PC

Is your computer locking up or any other problems you may feel are heat related? If no, then 55C is absolutly fine (just not for overclocking).

Are you using the stock heatsink? You may want to upgrade to a nice aftermarket one w/ a good thermal grease if you want to consider overclocking

Well I'm using PC Alert 3 to obtain these temps, I don't know how accurate these are to begin with. If I start compiling something, in Worldcraft for example, which I think brings me to full system load, temps get to 140 F. (I'll have to switch to Celcius, I know, damn Americans) I have never had a lock-up, system crash, (well, I am running windows) or anything to make me suspect there is a temp problem. I just got a little concerned after reading some articles and posts here about tempratures in general. I am using the Arctic Silver, also using a slightly better than stock fan. Rellly waiting to get my new sink and fan, I'll update when I get it all switched out. Thanks again, Cya

Well.. those temps are fine.. If it goes above 150f.. I'd shut it down.. or get the load off of the CPU..

people here are extreme users in a way.. they will tell you those temps are really really high and burn up and blah blah.. it's fine.. don't worry your CPU won't just die..

But.. if it gets to 150F.. then I'd get worried.. I doubt it will though.. good luck with your new HSF.

this makes me feel a little better. I finally got sick of my delta fan yelling at me so I changed it 7v and I was getting a little worried when my temps hit 41*C.... I have a 1.33 @ 1.50 (150fsb)

Well here it is, using my old hsf I was at about 125 degrees F with both case sides open at "idle".

Just put in my thermalright SK6 heatsink, Delta 6800rpm, 37.61cfm.

Now running 104F "idle".
Got a little arctic silver on there, it's all good. Thanks to everyone for all the help and excellent info , Cya

Back