• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replace stock fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

I am getting and ANtec 1080 case which has 2 rear fans, a side fan, and 2 front. The 2 rear and side are standard. Now should i replace these stock fans and get 5 new fans? or should i just get 2 for the front? And what fans should i get?

Hey Gozma......

If I was gonna get that I would set it all up just like it is then start experimenting.......everyone's setup is different...that's part of the fun, makin your own stuff OWN.....it's all yours dude...sweet setup.Tweak it:beer:

antec stock fans are fine, see what case temps you get and if you are satisfied, good, if not go to nexfan.com and pick up some intakes. Good luck and have fun with your new case :burn:

Antec makes great fans, so unless they are somewhat noisy 80mm fans, I'd leave them alone. If you aren't happy with the performance, though, I'd recommend doing a little cutting to accomodate either 92mm or 120mm fans. Will make for great airflow at less noise.

ok then what fans should i by for the front then if i leave the stock fans?

like i said, got to nexfan.com or even bestbyte.net, they have really good deals but nexfan is cheaper and they list the cfm and dba for each one so pick one out thats good for you. I say get a couple 1 bucker ones that are low like 27cfm. theyre quiet and you just put more than one in to equal the intake of a high speed fan.

ok thanks...i think i will got alittle more then the 1 buck fans. But i am goin to stay cheap

I have the Antec Performance Plus1080 with 5 Antec fans connected to the "fan only" connectors from the power supply and it is really quiet. Have not assembled the box yet and have no idea how fast the fans will spin when the PSU starts regulating the fans according to system temps...I am waiting on the YS Tech TMD fans so the stockers will have to do for now...Great case and PSU...you will love it !!!

Back