• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Ti 4400 killed XP Installation!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wildfire

Hi

Just wondering if anybody else has had problems installing windows XP Pro when they put a GeForce 4 in their system?

When ever I started the setup it loaded all the temp stuff on first, then said "setup is starting windows" the hung. I tried everythig from putting 98 on first and updgrading to a taking all component out of my system and nowt!!

So I changed my card back to the GeForce 2 and lo and behold!! It installed after i copied the files to the Hard drive!!

Strange huh?

Anybody uppose to why this happened/

Cheers

You could try installing XP with the GeForce 2 in, then after the install, uninstall the GeForce 2 then install the gf4. and see how that goes. its weird, but ive seen weirder :p :D

Since I got my VisionTek Ti4400 I can't run XP Pro stable even on a clean install w/ no oc. It always locks after about 10mins. But somehow it runs stable 24/7 on Win ME. Believe me, I know your frustration :mad:

paulie said:
Since I got my VisionTek Ti4400 I can't run XP Pro stable even on a clean install w/ no oc. It always locks after about 10mins. But somehow it runs stable 24/7 on Win ME. Believe me, I know your frustration :mad:
"But somehow it runs stable 24/7 on Win ME." now that's indredible.
-ps i know youre pain, i'm running windows ME to. :(

Back