• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tygon vs Silicon Tubing, please explain

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
I see there are two types of tubing available for watercooling, which is better and whatare the advantages and disadvantages of each? I sit worht to pay more for Tygon? Also, is it better to get brass fittings or polyure..... fittings (look like plastic) is it jus aesthetics?

Tygon is a silicon polymer which is very flexable, durable, highly chemical resistant and will not degrade from UV or ozone. Silicon tubing is a different silicon polymer and is much more suseptable to damage from long term immersion in solutions, is degraded by UV and gets hard and brittle over time.

I have R3606 tygon on my system, after three years it is still soft, pliant and is not showing any signs of degradation from the H2O/etylene glycol/waterwetter mixture that is in my cooler.

Is it worth the money? Don't know, never used 'silicon' tubing. If I had access to both, I would go for the Tygon, no question

Back