• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turbo, fast , fastest...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

It seems that my system runs more stable at the fastest settings at high fsb.
I guess I could kick up the voltage but the temps are too high right now.

I have three 8KHA+s, with 2 XP1700 and one XP1600;
All are running at similar speeds, with cheap pc133, and the memory settings for all three a wildly different!!! All are right around 170 fsb.

They all run at 4 bank interleave, but other than that cas and timing settings are ALL different!

I suspect memory variations (cheap micron- chipped generic) to be the reason, but I can't swap around parts to test due to fierce competition on the OC Seti Team:D

Well, I recently volt-modded the boards;) , so that helps the cpu out a bit; but memory is usually running maxed out....MAN! I just tweaked a couple today and I forget! lol I'll do an edit after I check this one:D .

But I run high voltages all the time, playing the odds -if MOST chips will last ten years, then the 2 years i cut off of mine doesn't bother me.....of course I could end up with one of the short-lived ones.....oh well.
Edit in a minute.

Kicked up the fsb while I was there:cool:

Chip- XP 1700+ (don't know which stepping is in here!)
fsb- 171
Multi- 10x
vcore- 2.1v (+.075 and volt mod)
vdimm- 3.2v

mem settings:
dram clock- 133
sdram cycle- 2
4 bank interleave
dram command rate 1t
Temps too: case 25c, cpu 35c (watercooled)

Thats this one- the other 1700 is ( I think!)
170 fsb, 10x, vcore 1.95v, vdimm 3.2v

mem settings:
sdram 2.5
dram command 2t

and gets better bandwidth in Sandra.
I have tried duplicating back and forth, but each one runs far better with unique settings..to the tune of about 100 mhz of overclock! So definetely mess around, just back up data: finding the optimal settings and OC for each one I have lost operating system countless times!!!

Post the results, and any ideas or possible improvements you can come up with!!!
I have two goals right now: Quest for 1.8ghz- STABLE and a Seti work unit average under 3 hours. I'm close on both, but not there yet.:beer:

Last edited:
20th.
And fighting to keep it! The guy right behind me (Suzumaro) got past me once, briefly, and the person behind him (Tron) has been pushing hard as well. And the Norsemen are coming up FAST!!!!!

I think I'll be able to just make 19th before the Norsemen.....

I'm close to as high as I'll make it on the team stats, I think: with the people who currently crunch, there are only a few ahead of me with more results but less output....and some with fewer done but crunching lots!

Back