• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

k, i just got my p4t-e in the mail, my plus1080b antec case in the mail, my alpha heatsink with a panaflo fan, and some artic silver 3. My case has 2 fans on the power supply, 2 fans on the back, 2 fans on the front, and 1 fan on the side. What kind of fans should i get for my case because i wanna replace all the fans that came with the antec case. The computer is in the same room with me, so i want it to be powerful, yet quiet. I'm planning on overclocking also. What fans should i get?

Also, i have 2x256 simpletech rimm modules, are they any good? If not, what rimms are the best for overclocking?

PS. This is all run on a 2.2ghz p4 which is still in the mail.

Thanks in advance.

Royal said:
k, i just got my p4t-e in the mail, my plus1080b antec case in the mail, my alpha heatsink with a panaflo fan, and some artic silver 3. My case has 2 fans on the power supply, 2 fans on the back, 2 fans on the front, and 1 fan on the side. What kind of fans should i get for my case because i wanna replace all the fans that came with the antec case. The computer is in the same room with me, so i want it to be powerful, yet quiet. I'm planning on overclocking also. What fans should i get?

Also, i have 2x256 simpletech rimm modules, are they any good? If not, what rimms are the best for overclocking?

PS. This is all run on a 2.2ghz p4 which is still in the mail.

Thanks in advance.

Nexfan has some good 30CFM fans for a buck each. They also have some 40CFM for like 2 bucks each. I believe they come stock with a 4 pin molex connector also.

since i have have 5 available fans, how would be going with 5 panaflo h1a tailed fans (80mm)?

right now i have 1 panaflo h1a fan, and am wiating for my alpha heatsink in the mail. When i install the hsf onto the mobo, which way should i place the fan. Cause i know if you place the panaflo logo where you can see it, isn't it taking heat away from the cpu?

Which way should i put it, cause i heard that you're supposed to have air going into the cpu, so wouldn't i place the logo towards the heatsink?

I'm so confused.

When you get it, install it, then, with the case still aprart, turn on the computer, and see if the fan is blowing air on the heatsink or sucking it out. It should be be blowing.
________
HONDA SL350

Last edited:
Back