• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Issues TH7-II-Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wicked

hey guys
i experianced some wierd issues regarding my sound playback with the build in AC'97 chip on the TH7-II.
i have my system running on 150 fsb..with agp/ide fixed @ 66mhz. when i play dungeon siege for example, i notice after a while sound channels are missing, like only 50% of the sound is there. (e.g. in a battle you dont here magic anymore just the melee attack :) stupid example heh)

now my question, is it possible that the soundchip gets overheatet or something when the fsb is so high? if yes, any idea how to cool it best? i got CS-601 case with 5 fans mounted...but no special cooling mods on the mobo
thx for the help

That onboard AC97 sound don't like extreme overclocking. Consider getting a good sound card (my Soundblaster X-Gamer ran for over a year at 150+ FSB) and then disabling the onboard sound in the BIOS.

Agree with Batboy, get another sound card. I used the AC97 for a few months and although the sound was just acceptable, it wasn't even close to the sound from my SB512 pci. Now I wonder why I put up with the board sound for so long.

ok thx for the advice..i also thought that would prolly be the way to go, now im gonna get a new card for sure :)

Back