• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest non OC Options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tracert

OK all,

I have been away from Intel for quite some time and am just comming back to try out the Rambus / Northy combo. I will be building a "super computer" (as the business owner likes to put it) for a local business here.

My question is he wants the fastest system he can buy for less then $2000.00 so what would you guys recommend?

It looks like the Rambus systems are still King but I know it is getting close.

What would be the recommendation and be aware that this will not be Overclocked and has to be able to run 24 / 7 365 with out even so much as a hiccup!

I mean rock stable so that this will run more stable then the Egyptian Pyramids!

What do you guys think, is there such a thing?

Intel 2.26 or 2.4B(if you think you can swing it the 2.53) chip, Asus P4T533-C. 512MB Samsung PC1066Rambus. By far the fastest non overclocked running at 533Mhz with the PC1066.

or you could get the 2.26 and water cool it so you can overclcok it (but i know you don't want too...) so i would say everything that rlieumex said except you might want to get some raid controller cards (sicne you know it is for a business here...)

Would you get a retail or choose a seperate fan? It needs to be fairly quiet and not looking for an overclock, remember.

The retail kept me at 39C idle overclocked to 2.160 and at 1.65vcore. So you should be fine with the stock fan. I would also get the retail version for the 3 year waranty.

Back