• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 BOARD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alien76

I am buying new Pentium 4 setup next week

I was looking around in local stores for some Asus P4s333-533 boards, but without succes.

They are offering me a mobo from DTK labs, they said that they are very good and so on...

I am wondering if someone has expiriences with that board(s), i dont exactly know what is the model name of the board.

The board seems to have Intel 845D chipset and support 266Mhz DDR ram.

But i don t know if it allows o/cing/ upping the voltage, changing RAm timings, etc. Does anybody know???

There is no review of these board on net i think, cause i was unnable to find it.

My New comp:
P4 1.6A
DTK board
256MB DDR 266 RAM
Maxtor 40G 7200rpm/s disk
Leadtek Winfast Gforce 2 Pro

Go to newegg.com or pricewatch.com and you'll find the board you need. Don't skimp on the motherboard. I don't know the board you are talking about, but it probably has few if any options for overclocking. Even if it does, it will probably not overclock well. Stick to big names on these boards, and check the CPU database to see which boards do the best.

The only problem is I am not from America, so I don t use services of those Internet sellers .

darn... well, the motherboard is usually the key to overclocking. If it takes you a while to find one of the good ones, it is usually worth the effort. I know nothing about the board you mentioned. Good luck!

don't get that DTK garbage!!! Go out and keep seraching! maybe boraden your search for any good p4 motherboard... like anyth8ing from asus or abit or msi or epox... specifically the following boards...
Abith TH7II
Abit BD7II
Abit It7MAX
MSI 645E-MAXC
MSI 645 Ultra
Asus p4s533
Asus P4T533-C
Epox 4g4a
Epos 4sda
Epox 4bda2

look for any of these boards! They overclock very very well, and all of them (except the 4sda and 645 ultra have support for the new 533mhz pentium 4's these are the 2.25B the 2.4B and the 2.53B intel has planned on releasing more but until then this is al that is out for the 533mhz cpu's)... They all overclock well... and what you do is just write down the names of these boards and go into various computer of electronic stores and ask around if they have any of these motherboards... I can tell you bestbuy (i dunno if there's one where you live... i think their worldwide but they could just be nationwide in the US i dunno) sell asus boards and msi boards.. so if there's one close to where you live you could check there...

Back