• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lighted windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TJ9

I am thinking of puting LEDs into the edges of the a window on my case. These leds will(hopefully) lite up the window. So does anybody think this will work?

I dont think it would light up the whole window, atleast not evenly just only a small area around the led.. brighter the led lager area..
if you were to look at the edge of the window that is where i think you would see the bigest difference kinda like fiber optics.

The LED's won't light up the window, but if you were to engrave the window with a logo, symbol, etc, the engraving would catch the light and then the logo or whaterver you put there will light up.

Mr Bigglesworth said:
The LED's won't light up the window, but if you were to engrave the window with a logo, symbol, etc, the engraving would catch the light and then the logo or whaterver you put there will light up.

That's correct.

The window will take on the physics of a fiber optic cable, merely channeling the light out the opposite side, unless there is some interfering matter in between, such as engraving or a break or crack.

I had the idea to use laser pointers on oscilating turrets to light up my window, but I learned quickly that it wouldn't work, and slapped my forehead in embarasment for not thinking about it before I tried. =)

I'm going to try using EL cable to run around the perimeter of my window, and engrave something in the center. It should work quite nicely. :D

Yes, CCFL is Cold Cathode Flourescent Lighting.

Back