• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400mhz FSB vs. 533mhz FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silvel2edge

Registered
I am currently an AMD user and i'm looking at going with Intel... since they seem to be taking the lead in performance now. I was looking at the TH7II, however it says it's the 400mhz fsb. I've read that people are recommending the I850 chipset but here's my question.

I want to go with the 2.26ghz p4 and the i850 chipset. What is the best board for this solution and are there boards with the i850 that support the 533mhz fsb?

Thanks in advance!

I found the answer to my question. I guess i have to get the i850e chipset for the 133mhz fsb. I guess i will wait until more mb's become available.

not exactly silever..... the ABITH TH7II that you were looking at does support the 533mhz fsb processors..... just simply flash the bios to mr naturals 7e bios that supports it....

Really? Cool! I guess you learn something new every day! Would you still suggest waiting for the I50E chipset or is it basically the same just with the newest BIOS revision? If so i'll probably just get that board.

Darryl_D said:
not exactly silever..... the ABITH TH7II that you were looking at does support the 533mhz fsb processors..... just simply flash the bios to mr naturals 7e bios that supports it....

I s that the TH7II.40.bin he has in the sticky

ummmm i dunno i think it say's 7e on it... if you want me to i can find it for ya... also he has a new one out now.. the 7f i think it suppossedly solves the coldboot problems because form what i heard the people who flashed aren't getting that problem but will have to look into that....

yes i would reccomend waiting for the new 850e motherboards... (but only 2 more new ones are scheduled to come out.. and they support 32bit RDRAM 32bit rdram doesn't need to be used in pairs.. because it's 42bit.. the companies coming out with this is msi and asus so i doubt you'll even get to 3ghz with those boards) right now however the best board is the TH7II and this is solely because all the new boards for the 850E chipset don't allow enough fsb etc... so people who want to overclock (like all of us otherwise why would we be here) are going TH7II...

Back