• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're building a new system, the AT7 eliminates the need to buy some hardware (sound card, NIC). But if you already have those parts, the KX7 will probably be better for you. I think it's cheaper as well.

aixelsiD said:
Doesn't seem like the board gets the high results of the KX7-333. Am I right on this? Because that will a big factor on which I get....
i just got my at7 up and going with a weak ata 66hd, until i get my other one thats on the way, it only has 2100 ddr in it, but DAMN it is fast!!!!!!!!
i don't think you could go wrong with either one.
OH ANMD ONE MORE THING....
if you have an old voodoo 5 agp... IT WONT FIT INTO THE AGP SLOT!
i thought the slot was put on backwards or something when i looked at it, then i realized it was just finally time to upgrade. lol!

:D

hm

yeah there's a good price difference between them.
just buy a $5 soun dcard and you're set.

i'd like to see some benchmarks with the kx7 vs kt7 or whatever they are.
dont think it'd matter much though, im sure they're close.

Re: hm

superawol said:
yeah there's a good price difference between them.
just buy a $5 soun dcard and you're set.

i'd like to see some benchmarks with the kx7 vs kt7 or whatever they are.
dont think it'd matter much though, im sure they're close.
here's my pcmark2002free scores http://service.madonion.com/compare?pcm=440743
and here's my highest 3dmark2001se score http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3804443

note: the only thing overclocked so far is my evga g4 ti 4200, at 300/575, and i'm only running generic 512/2100 ddr ram at 133.
this thang is fast!
:burn:

at7?? kx7???

i have the at7, but if i was to buy a new board, i'd get the kx7, although i would miss the firewire and all those usb's on the at7.

if you're going to o/c, i hear the kx7-333 o/c's better than the at7..

they are both nice boards but they have several differences too.

the kx7-333 can be had for about 100 and the at7 is around 150

if ps/2 connections are important to you, go for the kx7, but i think abit needs to build me a board like the at7 with all 10 usb's and 4 firewires, but it would have 6 pci's like the kx7 and no onboard sound or lan....

there are more than just sound and lans that make these boards different, and they both come with /or without raid........

aixelsiD said:
Okay, but has anyone gotten about 170 FSB with the AT7?
Why wouldnt it? The KT333 chipset shouldnt have a problem with this. You may not see a lot of overclocking with this board, but that doesnt mean it is not possible, since there are more favorable options in Abit's AMD MoBo line up.

maybe

maybe most at7 owners are like me, and have a locked cpu, and thus can't get over 141-143....he he he

if i had the cahunays (balls) to unlock it, i would be happy to see the fsb limitations.

anyone got an unlocked cpu for me to test? :D ;)

Re: maybe

madsam said:
maybe most at7 owners are like me, and have a locked cpu, and thus can't get over 141-143....he he he

if i had the cahunays (balls) to unlock it, i would be happy to see the fsb limitations.

anyone got an unlocked cpu for me to test? :D ;)

Only 143? Oh, you have an XP2100. If I got a 1600 (agoia or aroia), what FSB LOCKED should I be expecting for a AT7? KX7?

Re: Re: maybe

aixelsiD said:
Only 143? Oh, you have an XP2100. If I got a 1600 (agoia or aroia), what FSB LOCKED should I be expecting for a AT7? KX7?
Your asking the wrong questions. Your not going to be limited by the board. You will be limited by your resistance to unlock. What if you get a lousy XP1600 &/or a terrible batch of ram? How would you tell if it was the board or other components? I bet someone will raise the 5V issue sooner or later then the PSU becomes part of the whole confusion.

Re: Re: Re: maybe

Sonny said:
Your asking the wrong questions. Your not going to be limited by the board. You will be limited by your resistance to unlock. What if you get a lousy XP1600 &/or a terrible batch of ram? How would you tell if it was the board or other components? I bet someone will raise the 5V issue sooner or later then the PSU becomes part of the whole confusion.

That's a good peice of information. Well, than I guess I should ask, what are the motherboards good for? Like the Soyo Dragon Ultra seems to hit a wall around 166 FSB, where do you think these two will hit a wall?

my 2 cents

yes, i got 175 but bios needs another ratio in it so that agp and pci isn't so out of spec. i typed achieving 166fsb in google and found a site where someone had 182fsb. i havent tried yet cause like i said i dont want to toast anything. 170 was max but found that 167 was best. still using 167.

abit at7
xp1900+ unlocked @10x with 167fsb (1.775vcore,3.65i/o,2.65ddr)
thermo engine super heatsink (need better heatsink and by the way do not use dr. thermal a86v on it. case fan speed in monitor kept fluctuating from 2000rpm to 85000rpm and chipset fan was barely turning. put thermo engine back on and everything back to normal except for chipset temp. lost 6 degrees. was running at 38 degrees now running at 44 degrees. p'd me off. i think the problem is in the monitoring connection. it didn't have a ground. just one yellow wire. i put dr. thermal on my other computer and helped alot. but same results with chipset lost 6 degrees. strange...............
geforce 3 ti200 @220/460
pc2700 samsungs with thermaltake ramsinks
2x maxtor 60g at raid0
6 speaker surround (creative) w/onboard sound "nice"
printer,scanner,digital camera and dock,digital cable,kds 17"monitor set at 85hz and 1024 by 768 resolution.
only thing poor on benchmark is raid. no clue why?

if you are running a locked multi i would recommend AT7 if you have cash for it cause of all the extra features. the AT7 most people have not been able to get over 190fsb.

with the kx7 people have been able to get at the most around 225FSB with really really good ram

well i just ordered my ax7 and some corsair xms 512 / 2700 ddr so i'll be posting what i can get it to do in a few days next week. :)

My new Abit AT7 is waiting on the porch. Should be able to get a decent FSB with my unlocked Tbred 2200...I have a 256 stick of Samsung and got in the 190s with my KX7. Both boards have the dividers to keep your cards close to spec. I think the main thing will be the quality of your ram..and of course cooling.

Back