• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermal pad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
i just want to make i dure i am going to do the right thing. if my hsf comes with thermal tape/pad shoudl i still put artic silver III? on it

those thermal pads aren't that good for heat transfer. You should remove the pad and clean it with alcohol. Then apply the ASIII by the manfactures directions. Too much of that stuff is not always good thing.

i dont think any good hsf comes with termal tape. those r usually used for rams gpus and other ceramic surfaces chips. if it does remove it and apply as3 as stated above.

no the volcanoes dont, but the ax-7 comes with that and white compound, i actually like the white stuff that came with it, im prob gonna do a little testing with that vs as2, because that white stuff squirts out from under the heatsink so well and it only leaves a tiny film...

Back