• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refresh Rate / Flickering Problem - My Eyes Hurt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaiser_Sose

Registered
Hi

First from my recolection I use 1280 x 1024 with 85 refresh rate

This is what happened today ..... I was using my computer as normal until I had to shut it down, discount the power, monitor, everything to move it to another location .... It was apart for 10 hours

I put the computer back togethe, booted up the computer and I noticed my screen size has changed. I went into Display Properties and the refresh rate only had '60, optimal. and default' available ... the screes was not pushed out to the ends of the monitor space either

I tried changing the refresh rate back to 85 but since I could not see it as an option I reinstalled drivers and monitor drivers from sylvania ... after I reinstalled my drivers and monitor drivers my refresh rates came back but its flickering [ the desktop ] while its at any refreshrate including 1280 x 1024 at 85

HELP

Turn on v-sync. Console systems use it, look how clean they look. TV's are 60Hz, and consoles v-sync to 60FPS. It's no good for showing off your FPS or whatever, but it looks way better.

You could do the refresh rate fix too, but I've found the vsynced 60Hz to look better than a higher refresh rate without vsync. I actually prefer the 60Hz refresh rate 'bug' to the fix.

--Illah

Back