• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward 64mb 3.5ns Ti4200 reviews??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I was wondering where the reviews on the Gainward 64mb 3.5ns Ti4200 are.... the ones i keep finding ar the 128 mb version..

I am ordering the 128mb version of this card tomorrow. As I undersand it, a ti4200 is a ti4200. The only thing to look out for is a decent heatsink and samsung/high speed ram. I don't think they make 4200's with tiny BGA, the good news is that these babies will over clock to 4600 speed and beyond. this is the one that I am ordering. It comes complete with ram sinks already installed. It just couldnt get any easier!!

kevmarks said:
I am ordering the 128mb version of this card tomorrow. As I undersand it, a ti4200 is a ti4200. The only thing to look out for is a decent heatsink and samsung/high speed ram. I don't think they make 4200's with tiny BGA, the good news is that these babies will over clock to 4600 speed and beyond. this is the one that I am ordering. It comes complete with ram sinks already installed. It just couldnt get any easier!!
Well ...I know some people are having trouble ocing the RAM on this particular card. It makes me wonder if the people having this problem maybe got a bad chip (or two) of ram (there for not realizing there is actually a problem)..I say this because the one I am currently using doesn't run at default speeds but as long as I under clock the ram it works fine.(waiting for my replacement to arrive) So this leads me to believe that some boards might be being sent with bad chips mixed in..Then It would make sense why the 3.5 ns RAM isn't getting up to the speeds its rated at..That's why I want to see what kind off results they are getting when reviewing these boards..So I know what kind of speeds a fully functional card is capable of..

Last edited:
Penguin4x4 said:
I would go with Gainward. They'll RMA for overclocking, 'nuff said.:)
First off anyone that warranties there card will warranty it even if you OC.. Regardless of what they say cause there is no way they can prove you did OC it.(It's up to you to be honest about it) and Gainward knows that.. Second I already have the card, I'm just looking for reviews on it for the reasons stated above..you did read above right?? ;)

rUfUnKy said:
First off anyone that warranties there card will warranty it even if you OC.. Regardless of what they say cause there is no way they can prove you did OC it.(It's up to you to be honest about it) and Gainward knows that..

Sorry, But its more than possible to detect OCing.

Quote:"The provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in PNY’s judgement, the product has been subject to misuse or neglect, improper installation, damaged in an accident, or repaired or altered in any way that adversely affects its performance or reliability".

That goes for just about every graphics card munfacturer out there. PM a Moderator, Administrator, or Senior Member and they will tell you the same.

Penguin4x4 said:

Sorry, But its more than possible to detect OCing.

Quote:"The provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in PNY’s judgement, the product has been subject to misuse or neglect, improper installation, damaged in an accident, or repaired or altered in any way that adversely affects its performance or reliability".

That goes for just about every graphics card munfacturer out there. PM a Moderator, Administrator, or Senior Member and they will tell you the same.
Not to get off the topic here but ...OK every one is entitled to his or her own opinion but a fact is a fact..and by all means I'm not always right :)..So ill ask you this.If I were to sell you a graphics card and said that it was never OCed .What would you do to find out weather or not it was indeed OCed at one point??and I'm not flaming ..I'm just curious ;)

rUfUnKy said:
Not to get off the topic here but ...OK every one is entitled to his or her own opinion but a fact is a fact..and by all means I'm not always right :)..So ill ask you this.If I were to sell you a graphics card and said that it was never OCed .What would you do to find out weather or not it was indeed OCed at one point??and I'm not flaming ..I'm just curious ;)

he would beat the crap out of you until you tell him whether it was overclocked or not :D

i always go here for video card reviews. not sure whether they have the one you want or not though.

oTTO said:
i always go here for video card reviews. not sure whether they have the one you want or not though.
Nope they only have the 128 version...none the less good link ..Thx oTTO

you can try neoseeker too. i checked for the 64MB version but it is not listed over there. but the links to the reviews sometimes will have another version of the card like in this case: different memory amount etc. you can try looking for it there.

rUfUnKy said:

They just do. Tried to RMA an ATI AIW Pro, OC'ed about 50MHz, denied. Friend tried to RMA his Hercules GF3 Ti200, nothing doing. :argue:

Penguin4x4 said:

They just do. Tried to RMA an ATI AIW Pro, OC'ed about 50MHz, denied. Friend tried to RMA his Hercules GF3 Ti200, nothing doing. :argue:
LOL...OK..:)

would go with Gainward. They'll RMA for overclocking, 'nuff said

I decided to go with the gainward after a little sober research. 128mb of 4ns samsung memory for $178. Can't wait to see my games in 1024x768. I am currently on a GeForce2 MX 32mb (SDR).

Back