• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PSU has a higher 12v line amperage than 24a?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
My buddie has a work station rig to run his C&C machine shop, he runs ALOT of CAD. He just bought a Vapochill, XP2100, scuzzy ide card, 10,000 rpm Cheeta 40 gig scuzzy monster, Wildcat 2 something. All of this is pulling a lot of amps and he is having some stability problems and the system has re-booted several times. I think he needs to have a stronger psu. He is using the Enermax 431. But the 12v rail on the enermax is only 20a. I think his rig is sucking alot of amperage, more than his psu can deliver. What other psu's have a higher 12v amperage? I just looked at the Antec 550w spec sheet and it only has a 17a 12v rail. The Enermax 650w only has a 24a rail. I would like a psu with a little more headroom than that. Any comments (constructive) are welcome. Thanks bros, krag.

Back