• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YseanY

Registered
is it safe to oc my video card w/ oem hs/ramsink? i have the leadtek winfast ti4600, i was wondering if it was wise to oc w/o upgrading the cooling system... thanx

Is it safe.. now thats a question.

The card could quite possibly overclock a little bit with standard ramsinks however not all components are created equal and as such it is hard to accurately say by how much. Overclocking voids you warrenty so in this aspect its not safe :rolleyes:

Yeah I think you'll be just fine, dont push it too far. If there is a problem at a certain speed then you will see weird things happen n the screen while gaming (called artifacts) or the card will just lock up. just back it down a bit from that speed when you reboot it.

if you got better heatsinks/fan you might be able to get a few more mhz out of the card but not a whole lot more then you can do with the stock coolers.

just take it slow and try it out at each step, i couldnt do much with my cards until i added some ram sinks and a new HSF.

Back