• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CPU Temp is one thing. Calculating the CW is how it should be measured.

C/W depends on your case temps, cpu core temps, and processor wattage. To be getting a case temp of 45 and a CPU Die temperature of 50 degrees it doesn't get any better than that. But to be having a case temp of say 10 degrees and your CPU die is 40 degrees that's very bad. You see where I am going?

First of all. Welcome to the Forum.

Second you mind telling us what kind of CPU you got. Plus the average temperature in the room.

i have an athlon 1.4. the room temp is about 80 to 85. my cpu is running at about 155 to 160 degrees and the case is open, is this ok?

68c-71c cpu temps are very high I would definetly go to the cooling forum and find some help. Is your computer stable?

Whoa! now that is way in the hot side. I know tbirds run hot but not that hot. Take jbslow's advice and check with the cooling section to bring that temp down.

What kind of fan and heatsink do you got running? You may want to invest in a good quality heatsink and fan along with some Artic Silver 3 thermal compound. Expecially if you looking to overclock any

jeffhart said:
it is still running stable

Really does anyone play games on that comp? I would imagined the screen would get all choppy and slow when someone play a graphic intense game for awhile. I know my old prebuild K62 comp would do that if I played a good game for an hour or so.

Anyway like gtsimmo asked what HSF are you using? I would invest in a nice qualitly hsf that uses 80mm fans so you could hook up about a 43cfm fan. Nice and cool but not reall noisy , perfect.

Check this out heatsink test its a link to the heatsink showdown on the front page. I would buy a Thermalright AX7 with again a nice mid 40's cfm fan and you should be good to go.

Newegg.com AX7 w/ YS-tech 48cfm fan $46bucks shipped fedex (3 days)

KDcomputers.com AX7 w/ YS-tech 48cfm fan $40bucks shipped UPS ground (3-5days) -the shipping prices may vary for KDcomputers

Back