• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coppermine cel 633 at 50°?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phoenixburns

After reading around on this forum I think I might be ready to start with my first oc'ing procedures... When I got in my BIOS, I noticed the base temp in my bios was showing 50°C for my cpu...
when winMe is loaded, my monitor shows 40°C while doing nothing at all...

I don't quite understand this.. perhaps I should buy a new cooling fan or whatever...
every thought or hint is welcome here!!!
is there any good brand I should get or I could order from a site? (residing in Belgium)

system: cel 633 on an ASUS cuv4x MB (VIA Apollo Pro133Z chipset)
192 SDRAM 30Gb Geforce2

thanks...

The idle temp is a little high. curently I run a p111 933 at 1033
and the idle temp is room temp 22 and 45 at full load. I didnt install it myself so Im going to re-gew it.
I had a 733 on my cuv4x board that was at 813 and it was room temp at idle and 34 at full load. I gooped thet one my self...hehe
Try some new heat past and some case fans ...they work!
Both overclocks were using 148fsb:cool:

to add on to chigger_ns post try some artic silver 3 thermal compound and if you don't already you will want a fan to exasted the hot air out of the case. Alot of cases have a spont in the front for intake/exause and 1 on the back under the psu for exaust.

Back