• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed on WB for Slot A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peta909

Hi people I need help on how to secure my WB to my CPU ? I wonder anyone have done it before with photos or drawings. I am currently embarking on making a water block myself without milling from a copper block which is the usual practice. I have got the plans just need some help on mounting thats all. Its about the size of the original heatsink but much heavier. I am glad to spread the idea around if anyone request.

Go to a computer store and see if you can find a cheap Slot A HSF. The computer store here still has a few. That'll make it easy to get the bolt pattern from it, definitely easier than trying to get the pattern from the CPU casing.

i used inner tube of bicycles tire, took the heatplate off and made small holes to the rubber and put the small things(screw,nail- like that go through the card) on the heatplate through them.
the rubber detoriates from the heat over time tho(18 months or so, i didn't bother cooling the water too cold).

this worked better than using a clamp, which worked fine too but took much more space.

Back