• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q about computergeeks.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

Are the used CPUs with a 30 day warranty a good choice or are they likely to go shotty? Also the used items with 1 year warranty are a good deal right?

Zerileous said:
Are the used CPUs with a 30 day warranty a good choice or are they likely to go shotty? Also the used items with 1 year warranty are a good deal right?

computergeeks.com is a great company that has excellent support.

Now back to the question, I always try to get the longest warranty possible with CPU's and Hard drives....but thats just me ;)

Yep, love the Geeks.

Used is used but everything I've ever bought from them has been in excellent shape and lasted plenty long enough (nothing has died thus far).

Buying one of their used chips, depending on how old it is, doesn't necessarily mean it only has a 30-day warranty on it. They usually get boatloads of these chips and some could possibly be used retail chips that have original warranties on them. In the case of Intel chips, you would only need to call them and give them the numbers off of the chip and they'll let you know if it's still under warranty or not.

Never had to RMA an AMD chip so I'm not sure about their policies but I'm sure it's probably close to the same.

Back