• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server Manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cpukiller2000

Registered
Okay, I know someone out there is a network admin that can answer this for me! Okay, I have an organization of over 500 people with machines totalling over 500. Does anybody know of a program or a way I can get a printed out list of all these machines and servers?

You could set up a network install of Folding@Home and run Electron Microscope III to get the list.

This way your helping out humanity, folding for the Overclockers team 32, and monitoring you systems. I also use folding as a great way to track the effeciency of my network, systems, and individual pc's.

Wedo
System Admin

Wedo said:
You could set up a network install of Folding@Home and run Electron Microscope III to get the list.

This way your helping out humanity, folding for the Overclockers team 32, and monitoring you systems. I also use folding as a great way to track the effeciency of my network, systems, and individual pc's.

Wedo
System Admin

Thats a great idea.

I also run folding on my server!!

The simplest way is to go to a command line and type in NET VIEW. This will bring up every computer name currently active within the domain/workgroup. This can be printed out too.

Well we are going to active directory and I need to get a list of all machine names. What is the command switch to print the list?

Cpukiller2000 said:
Well we are going to active directory and I need to get a list of all machine names. What is the command switch to print the list?

Go to the command line put in NET VIEW >list.txt

This will produce a text file in C: named list.txt that you can print out.

Back