• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micamica1217

lately I have been thinking about air cooling instead of watercooling.

what do you guys think about Thermalright AX-478 and a Y S TECH 80x80x25mm, TWO Ball Bearings, Case Fan, DC 12V, 3.12W 3700 RPM 48.5 CFM 37dBA

do you think that a ys tech fan is good up to 2.4ghz?

what cpu temps do you think I can expect?

I will increase my case fans from 2 to 4 at this time.

2.4(150fsb) is the most that I'm willing to go,so is this combo good enough?

I'm still very happy now,but after I had to send back that kingston ram,I'm just lucky my lady still loves me.

I realy would love to go wet,yet this cpu HS is farly cheap,and if a quiet fan will do then I can feed the wife and kids.

if I must go with something louder,please let me know.

mica

hi buddie.:D i think that you have a very good cpu, and i would go alot higher than 150 fsb. right now, you are running at 133 x4 with the mem, and that is awesome, most th7II's wont do that, or mem, but your in there. i would say to get the water setup, and rock the heck outta the chip. i am thinking that with your mem, and cpu, you should be able to go in the neighborhood of 170-180 fsb, and with water, your temps will be awesome. go on, get wet.:D

I might just get wet.

yet this might take at least 2 months.

what I want to know is could this quiet fan do the job at 150fsb?

if it can, it is an option to think about.

thanks

mica

yes, i think it will.:D get that fan for now, and when you have the money, get wet. when you do deceide to go to 150 fsb, test mem at 133 x4, and write down score, and then test it at 150, obviously x3, and note the score. i would then go with the mem score that is higher. it is not worth sacrificing mem bandwidth for mhz. when you are able to pump up the fsb to the area that i stated before, you will more than make up your bandwidth with mem at 3x.:D

jd,

again thanks.

I'm starting to see what you mean about memory at 170-180fsb.

mica

micamica1217 said:
jd,

again thanks.

I'm starting to see what you mean about memory at 170-180fsb.

mica
your mem is really performing right now, but sooner or later, 138 fsb'ish, you have to drop it down to 3x, in order to work, you are then going to need to make that up, ie, high fsb. mhz's are not everything, if i could run my 1.6a at 133x4, then i would, instead of 150x3, which in that case, my mem is still kickin ***.:D

hey jd,

I love it when you reply...

my wife started noticeing your avitar...

now she's strutting a round the house with her shirt off,showing off to me.

****, she thinks it's a pic of you.:D

mica

Back