• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Revelation in the shower....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
...don't know why ideas pop into my head while in there...perhaps I'm under the influence of soap....:p

But....had an interesting idea. I'll sketch out the highlights, and we can flesh it out from there. I have to go out to my Mon. Night meeting shortly, so I'll be brief.

What is it we need most??

What is it we want most??

Why the hell don't we combine the two??? ;)

We need more points, to stay ahead. to do this, we need more members, Folding for Team 32.

What do a lot of us want, that hasn't come to pass yet??

T-SHIRTS!! Ones with the O/C logo on them.

What if;

We got a quantity of shirts printed up, and used them to advertise?!?!?!?

On the front would be a simple text message;

My Computer Saves Lives! Ask me how!

On the back, would be a logo (I think Plague's av design would do nicely), with more text (URL for the FAH team (Ploaf's site), and here (O/Cers.com).

Print up some business cards, with the logo, text from the front, the URL's, etc, to give out to those who ask. Put together a comprehensive FAQ/fact page on;

Folding
Stanford
overclockers.com
Team 32

Maybe set up a space for the files (FAH client, Fold Monitor EM3, etc...)

This is just the tip of what I envisioned...I think this could work.

I've gotta run. I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on this when I get home in three hours.

Cheers, and Fold ON!!!

:beer:

B.

Are you sure you're not just waterlogged or something? J/k:D

I think t shirts are a good idea. As far as business cards, if someone here with graphical knowledge could create a printable page where all anyone would have to do is print and cut, that would be awesome. I'd put some on my counter @ work:cool:

I was almost frightened to open this thread with a title like that ........... lol

Anyway I think it would be a good idea it's just that shipping would kill people like me outside of the U.S. and Canada .

Funny...I was having that same thought today. Was gonna stop by tagret, get a $10 tshirt, and fire up the inkjet sometime this week...

Figure I'd wear it to the bars friday night and pick up women with it :) :) Hey, saving lives is a tough job, but someones gotta do it, right??!?!?!

:cool:

BTW, not to sound stupid or anything, but what in the hell is a "shower"??????

:eek:

Just Kidding!

Mike

That's a great idea!

I bet we can do just a bit better on the cost. How many people have color printers? Once we have the graphics worked out, we can print on transfer paper and produce them ourselves.

Edit:

And let me add that Albert Einstein came up with some of his best ideas while shaving. So you are in good company.

Breadfan said:

Just Kidding!

Mike

Shower....aka "Rain Locker", "Urinal not even a Drunk could miss", etc.... :p That wonderful place where I can wash the debris of General Motors off of my poor, tired, shagged out old body at the end of a day.....:D

B.

Breadfan said:

Mike

Judging by your avatar, they must not have showers were you come from. LOL.

Malpine Walis said:
That's a great idea!

I bet we can do just a bit better on the cost. How many people have color printers? Once we have the graphics worked out, we can print on transfer paper and produce them ourselves.

Edit:

And let me add that Albert Einstein came up with some of his best ideas while shaving. So you are in good company.

The only (minor) flaw I can think of there, is most of those "transfer" sheets (that you can buy at Staples, CompUSA, et al) have a short "shirt life"... Wash them a few times and the image (at least on the few that I've done) starts to crack and peel...:(

I used to work for a company a few towns over, that's internationally reknowned for work clothing (Wearguard), in their silk screen department.... I have the knowledge of how to print, but I'm lacking one vital element...the ability to "burn screens". I also don't have the press, etc...

So...that's kinda out (besides, I couldn't swing the $$ for even a one color shirt press, plus a dryer...well...I could just hang the shirts over the three Athlon rigs...they'd dry pretty quickly...:eek: )

I might do some diggin on e-BAY and see if/how much supplies might be...I could probably build a shirt press, but would still need a source for screens to be "burned".

Albert Einstien...ROTFLMAO....He and I have about as much in common, intellectwise, as a Porche and a Pinto have in common, automotive wise.... (I think you know who's the "Pinto" here...LOL) Thanks for the analogy, though...:D

B.

NedClocker said:

Judging by your avatar, they must not have showers were you come from. LOL.

Are you threating me?!?! I am the Great Foldholio! I need WU for my Console! heh...heh... aaaarrghheheh...um yeah....heh...heh

(Settle down, Beavis)

:p

I just got out of the shower but nothing profound came to me better try again.

I really like that idea. They FAQ has to be very basic almost for somebody who doesn't even know their processor speed. Buisness cards are a very good idea because it would be very hard to explain if you were short of time.

There was talk before of some overclockers.com shirts but those never happened. I really hope we can do it.

Mr B said:

Are you threating me?!?! I am the Great Foldholio! I need WU for my Console! heh...heh... aaaarrghheheh...um yeah....heh...heh

(Settle down, Beavis)

:p

heh....heh.....Would you like to see my Console?? heh...heh :p

Mr B said:

heh....heh.....Would you like to see my Console?? heh...heh :p

LOL!!! I love the beavis and butthead references...I really miss that show...

But thats ok, Mr. B looks like Beavis...

Hey now...that must be what the B stands for...

Mr. Beavis....I gotcha!

Mike
PS I always wondered what that second commode in my bathroom was...

PPS Yes, tshirts. Quite a good idea.

i will gladly put up business cards at my work!
although most of our customer base is old folks (during the day) and drunks (at night).

but ill do it anyway!

if the link is going to Ploaf's page to d/l the proggie than we need a way to make the installer default to team 32, and the username "promo" or something. they could be changeable after, but most people wont even look in there, thats too much work:eek:

Malakai said:
i will gladly put up business cards at my work!
although most of our customer base is old folks (during the day) and drunks (at night).

but ill do it anyway!

if the link is going to Ploaf's page to d/l the proggie than we need a way to make the installer default to team 32, and the username "promo" or something. they could be changeable after, but most people wont even look in there, thats too much work:eek:

Determined to get back at Rage 3d? Eh?

Yeah, I don't think most people would look in there either. When we give out the cards we should also write our e-mail address so we can help them if they need it.

Back