• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake.. Whats this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tactics

Just got my Thermal take 7 and I noticed that is has 2 three pin connectors. The wires on the first three pin connector are black and red, while the wire on the second is yellow. which one should I plug up. I am thinking the black and red are for power while the yellow is motherboard control.... is this right?

Black and red is power the other is RPM ... It is designed to be used with a 3-4 pin adapter on the power cable so it doesn't draw power away from the motherboard, Using this method you can still monitor the RPM.

Yes you are correct, the black and red wires should go into a 3 to 4 pin adapter for power (thats how mine works, I guess the actually wiring is up to you if you want something different), while the yellow connects to the mobo fan header. Hope this helps.

Sure did!

Now my temps are almost always 10C lower than normal.

Back