• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody know anything about Gigabyte GA-8IHXP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DivineWrath

Registered
The review that Tom gave it was pretty nice. I read the users manual, but I couldn't figure out what the max FSB speed is? Nor could I figure out that the max vcore voltage is. Does anybody know off hand?
(Has anyone gotten one yet?):beer:

Max FSB: 156Mhz
Max VCore: Default+.1, from the back of the manual it has a picture of the vcore at 1.632 so im guessing thats default with a max of 1.732 or around there as 1.632 is kind of a weird number.

That SUCKS! I like the ASUS P4T533 and this board, but I want a FSB that goes up to 177. Are there any boards that go that high, but are still great boards?

Divine: The P4T533 goes up to 200Mhz FSB. I will probably be buying this mobo as it seems like the best board out there now. Although the GA-8IHXP beat the p4t533 in the THG review i bet once both the boards are pushed to their limits the Asus will prevail. Also we will have to wait and see what Abit puts on the table as im sure it will bring some severe competition.

Are you SURE about the P4T533? I've heard from ALOT of people that it maxes out at 150! And that it's vcore doesn't go up very high?
Where are you guys finding your information- for both the P4T533 and GA-8IHXP's FSB?

DivineWrath said:
Are you SURE about the P4T533? I've heard from ALOT of people that it maxes out at 150! And that it's vcore doesn't go up very high?
Where are you guys finding your information- for both the P4T533 and GA-8IHXP's FSB?

Those people are talking about the P4T533-C the P4T533 is a newer board that you can't even buy just yet. The P4T533 has up to a 200 fsb. The THG article wasn't to good at showig the potential of the board cause he didn't overclock them. The asus P4T533 whould do better than them all since the fsb can go to 200 as opposed to 150 and 156 of the -C model and the GA-8IHXP.

Thank you SO much! I even started considering going the DDR route... which I really didn't want to do.
Does anyone know when and who, is going to come out with RIMM4200? 'Cause I definately want more RAM that ASUS is providing.

I have the board and the max voltage is +.25 from default. You cannot take the processor over 1.85volts even with pintricking the processor. When I pintricked my 2.2A for 1.7volts on boot it would only let me add .15. The board does undervolt a little from the actual settings you choose so the 1.632 was more than likely 1.65 setting in the bios.

EDIT: Intel only recommends 1.75volts max for the Northwoods or you run more of a risk at frying your processor. Here is a clip of the Pentium 4 data sheet showing the information.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back