• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Filter!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

My mom is gonna be happy with me. :p

I cleaned out my case today, and looked at the stocking I was using as a filter. I thought to myself "I can't go through these once a month..." so I went downstairs, grabbed a Bounce dryer sheet, and put it inbetween the case frame and the front bezel where the fans are. Now, I've got a filter, and my room smells good too (thanks to the 3 exhaust fans)! :D

LOL, it works really well; as long as you don't mind having a soft smell of "Outdoors Fresh Scent". :p

msmasitti said:
My mom is gonna be happy with me. :p

I cleaned out my case today, and looked at the stocking I was using as a filter. I thought to myself "I can't go through these once a month..." so I went downstairs, grabbed a Bounce dryer sheet, and put it inbetween the case frame and the front bezel where the fans are. Now, I've got a filter, and my room smells good too (thanks to the 3 exhaust fans)! :D

lol smooth move i tryed that before smells good and filters good too :D

Wow, do they work well? I was planning to use a stocking, but the Bounce sheet sounds better. BTW, how do you mount it on? With double-sided tape? Or do you screw it in? Newbie here. :D

esit said:
Wow, do they work well? I was planning to use a stocking, but the Bounce sheet sounds better. BTW, how do you mount it on? With double-sided tape? Or do you screw it in? Newbie here. :D

As long as you leave the computer on it will suck the dryer sheet onto the fan.

I put a teeny tiny hole in the top of the sheet. The using a twist tie, I fould a little hole in the case frame, and just tied it to that! I did this with the bottom too. It works great! No dog hair or anything in there yet!

i tried that before, works really well, but a few weeks ago, i was wandering around home depot, trying to be inspired and stumpled on some Furnace Filters, they are wicked and only like $3 a pop, they are a metal mesh filter that allows for really good airflow

oooooh, I'll have to try that too! How do they work? I haven't gotten a single dog hair in mine. With the stocking, my computer was like filling up with hair.

Back