• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon 8500 128MB vs. Gainward Ti4200 128MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireflew

I have been looking into both of these cards, they come in in the same price range, and to be honest I like the looks of both of them. I am not super into frame rates, what i want is to be able to play all my current games at higher resolutions and mantain smooth motion... aka 45fps or higher would be nice, and be able to continue playing games for a few years. (heh finally upgrading my tired old tnt 2 w/ blue orb :D ). My other big thing is i hate drivers that dont work for all games... i have dealt with ATI chipsets before... ala rage fury etc... heh quite awhile ago... I hear that they have gotten better. But I have never had a problem with my tnt 2, well other than that it's hardware is outdated. Anyway just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations?

from the reading i have done thus far it seems as though the Gainword Ti4200 can actually preform better then the the Ti4400(with factory settings), and can get damn near the factory 4600 preformance. Of course if you overclock all the cards than this obviously does not apply :burn:

Currently, the Radeon 8500 128mb, is old news with the release of the R300. Right now the Ti4200 has room to expand into as drivers develop and games develop I would recommend that.

Yodums

Yodums said:
Currently, the Radeon 8500 128mb, is old news with the release of the R300. Right now the Ti4200 has room to expand into as drivers develop and games develop I would recommend that.

Yodums

umm the r300 aint out yet, it will be out soon though
and 0wn all of the h4x0r5 NVidias :p

Back