• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7DX, boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WesM63

Registered
I tryied booting my gigabyte ga-7dx today with 256Mb Mushkin Ram and the first thing i get is "bios rom checksum error". I've been told that my mobo is toast. Just wondering if there is anyother opinions on it?

try diffent ram first
remove all the other stuff your not using some times that helps

mabey check the psu

checksum errors usually apear right after you clear the cmos. I wouldn't think too much of that. does it post? can you get to bios?

also if you get a display that says bios rom checksum error your mobo isn't toast, maybe a bad bios chip but not a whole mobo

7 seconds is dead wrong

That mobo may not support faster speeds, but you go right ahead and put the fastest ram in there you can get. DDR ram is backwards compatible my friends...we all SHOULD know that. If you have a 333FSB, why not buy PC 3200, makes life easier, not to mention that it will help eliminate the ram holdback. In some cases, I have put cheap 3200 in a 2100 slot, and was able to run CAS 2-2-2-5 just because of the low speed requirements.

So you have no problems with ram......most OEM's are only manufacturing 3200 now anyway....

Back