• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

custom made TINY heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therapture

Here are some pics of my custom made heatercore setup, forgive me, I did not have my digicam when before I had the system up and running, I just got it back last night and took some pics of the assembled system. You can get an idea of how small the heatercore is from the 92mm Panaflo that pulls air through it, as it barely is larger than the fan! It measures 4" square x 2" thick and that even includes the tanks on the ends! tiny to say the least. All copper though and very effective. Using a Danner 350 pump, BeCool copper block, my own home made block clamp, and 3/8" pvc tubing. No reservoir, just a fill tube. Temps are maxed at 46c-49c as reported by the Athlon XP internal diode, which is pretty decent given the almost silent nature of the system. In fact, the pump is the loudest part, which is just a slight unobtrusive hum.

h2o%20002.jpg

h2o%20003.jpg

h2o%20004.jpg

h2o%20008.jpg

h2o%20009.jpg

h2o%20013.jpg

therapture said:
Here are some pics of my custom made heatercore setup, forgive me, I did not have my digicam when before I had the system up and running, I just got it back last night and took some pics of the assembled system. You can get an idea of how small the heatercore is from the 92mm Panaflo that pulls air through it, as it barely is larger than the fan! It measures 4" square x 2" thick and that even includes the tanks on the ends! tiny to say the least. All copper though and very effective. Using a Danner 350 pump, BeCool copper block, my own home made block clamp, and 3/8" pvc tubing. No reservoir, just a fill tube. Temps are maxed at 46c-49c as reported by the Athlon XP internal diode, which is pretty decent given the almost silent nature of the system. In fact, the pump is the loudest part, which is just a slight unobtrusive hum.
QUOTE]

Wat r ur ambient temps 49 seem really really high for water cooling wats the point if those temps can be reached pretty easily with hsf combos. ur water is getting too hot u need to have a larger radiator or pull a heck of alot of air thru it.

Re: Re: custom made TINY heatercore

packratbob said:
Wat r ur ambient temps 49 seem really really high for water cooling wats the point if those temps can be reached pretty easily with hsf combos. ur water is getting too hot u need to have a larger radiator or pull a heck of alot of air thru it. [/B]

49c as reported by the INTERNAL CPU DIODE is not high for a 1740mhz cpu. On a "normal" in socket sensor like most mobos use, this would equate to @36c-39c. So NO, this is not too high, it is cooler than air, and MUCH MUCH quieter which was a large reason I want water cooling to begin with. I don't care about massive mhz overclocks, but I DO like fsb overclocking, hence that's why I run at 9.5 x 183fsb. It never overheats, it never crashes, and I have a HOT room normally 30c or so due to all the computers heating it up. So take that into account as well.

You must not have read all of the posts or taken into consideration the actual conditions it is designed for and running in. Also it appears you do not have a mobo that uses the AXP internal diode or you would realize that this is actually a fairly normal temp for this speed cpu. Also, it is completely stealth and almost completely silent, even quieter than my P4 1.6ghz oem machine I use at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
<BUMP> flames :mad: opinions v comments?</BUMP>

I think it works rather well.. ... .. .. *sniff*

what waterblock is that. and is that black anodised aluminm?

i think he said that the heater core is custom made of all copper. he lists the wb as a copper block by becool but its black and looks more like anodised aluminm to me

Yep, the radiator is custom made, heatercore design. The block is indeed copper, a BeCool block from about 1 year ago or more, and I PAINTED it black, except on the bottom where it contacts the cpu core. The tubing is simply reinforced pvc tubing, available at any hardware store probably....it can be heated with a heat gun and "molded" to hold a shape while still being flexible enough to move and stuff....works great, does not discolor, and does not lose water to osmosis/evaporation. And with no aluminum in the system, no corrosion since the block and rad are all copper.

Well, all looks nice! I prefer clear tubing better though.. Man I had a similar hold down and I'll tell ya, invest in a 4hole mounting block. Someday it can happen anytime, wam all lugs gone :/

Back