• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heh.. Talk about running cool on these old Celly's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

Well, I setup a recent machine again. It's a Celeron 566 at stock. The only thing holding me back from an overclock could be possibly the ATA33 drive (Slave from the master ATA66), and the RAM (Most Likely since it's PC66). Yes anyways, so I start the run of Prime Torture Testing... 34ºC Load after 15mins of it. When I get back I will report the after test of like an hour. The case temps are only 22 degrees since the thing is in the living room w/ no airflow. The heatsink on it, is a Volcano 6cu+ with a crappy low profile CoolerMaster 20cfm? Anyways it's dead quiet, all I can hear is the PSU fan not the actual fan itself.

These old Celeron put out like 20watts of heat, so I could make it safe by buying an AX7 without a fan and it'll keep it in the 30's!

Remember Arctic Silver 3 hasn't even settled yet either, heh! No wonder people got like 15-18 degrees on watercooling the P3's slot and sockets that were coppermine.

Just thought I'd share. :D

Back