• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with French

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
I recieved the following and it is apparently in French? Am using what little spanish I have to try and translate it but could use some help with someone fluent in french. It is obvious that he/she is asking about my score on the ti4400 and I would love to help this person but need help myself in order to do so.

Salut, je me permets de t'envoyer un mail pour te poser quelques
question sur le score que tu as obtenu "13116" en 3DMARK2001.

1. Comment as-tu fais pout obtenir un FSB de 183/1836 Mhz ?
2. Pourrais tu m'envoyer le setup ta carte mère (setup)

Ma config :
Carte mère : ASus A7V333
Processeur : Athlon XP 2000+
Mémoire : 256 Mo PC 2700
Carte Vidéo : Leadtek TD 250

Bonne réception et merçi

Silver said:
I recieved the following and it is apparently in French? Am using what little spanish I have to try and translate it but could use some help with someone fluent in french. It is obvious that he/she is asking about my score on the ti4400 and I would love to help this person but need help myself in order to do so.

Salut, je me permets de t'envoyer un mail pour te poser quelques
question sur le score que tu as obtenu "13116" en 3DMARK2001.

1. Comment as-tu fais pout obtenir un FSB de 183/1836 Mhz ?
2. Pourrais tu m'envoyer le setup ta carte mère (setup)

Ma config :
Carte mère : ASus A7V333
Processeur : Athlon XP 2000+
Mémoire : 256 Mo PC 2700
Carte Vidéo : Leadtek TD 250

Bonne réception et merçi

Tu ne parles pas francais? Pourquoi pas? (you don't speak french? why not?)

Translation

Hi, I permit myself to send you some questions in your mail* over the score "13116" you obtained in 3dmarks2001.

1. How have you gotten the FSB to 183/1836 mhz?
2. Can you send me your setup of your motherboard?

Mobo (motherboard card literally): ASUS A7V333
Processor: Athlon XP 2000+
Memory: 256 Mo PC 2700
video card: Leadtek TD 250 (ti4400)

Good knowing you and thanks.

*funny construction, very hard to translate and understand properly,

I only know two years of french and I just got out of school so it might be a little different. THat's the general jist though.

edit - lol i forgot the bottom half of it.

-PC

Last edited:
SnowBird said:
I couldnt have put it better. Nice work Cullam3n.

Great, thanks guys. A second vote for an accurate translation. Snowbird, being Canadian then, one might presume that you are fluent in French? If so (and seeing as how you too are running an 8k3a) might i give you this fellows e-mail and you might help him out? I am more than willing to give whatever info might be helpful in regards to scoring in 3d but it appears that the info he would like at this time is mobo (fsb) related and I am sure you could help him. If so then please pm me and I will hand off his e-mail to you.:)

Not to mention that I have 2 years of french, my older brother has 4 years of french and my mom is from haiti. I can always double-check.

I don't want to get off the topic here, but while at my different tours in Quebec, Montreal and parts of Ontario in and near Niagra Falls, I have a few questions:

1. Is it really illegal that you can't do any house repair?

2. Not really a quesiton but a comment: The touring industry in Quebec is whack! You have to take 4-8 yrs of a tour college, and come take a test every 2/4 years after that?

3. Is it true you get free health care? LOL

-PC

Back