• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH711 Mobo question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rudski

Hi,

Yesterday I bought myself a Pentium 4 2Ghz Northwood, L2 512 it was from a upgrade from a Pentium 4 1.8Ghz L2 256.

The store that I bought it from said that Ill need a BIOS update for the new chip to work.

(My motherboard had a BIOS version from I think January 2002)

Anyways....

When I bought the new chip I straight away sold the old one back to the store so it was too late to put the P4 L256 chip back in so what I did was today I gave it to another store and they said they would use their own old P4 Flash the board then stick the Northwood back in.

What I need to know is, When I installed Windows I had to install motherboard drivers first now that I have a Northwood do I need to find some new drivers to install?

reason why is I got this as a system:

Northwood P4 2Ghz
Abit Th711 512 RDRAM
80 gig 7200 Seagate HDD
40 gig 5400 Seagate HDD
Geforce4 Ti4600 A250 ultra (LeadTek)

and I got a score of 9950 in 3DMark 2001SE.

System memory at the time of testing was 157 meg.

does anyone know why Im not getting higher scores?

The new processor shouldn't require new drivers. Couldn't hurt to update to the latest drivers for your board if you haven't regardless. Check the Abit forum for lots of tips on tweaking that board for max performance.

Back